As indicated by its name, IECOL is a religious-educational non-profit organization (NPO). Its main focus was, and will always be education.
There is a need for a place that taught the tradition of Ahlul-Bayt school of thought in Tippecanoe County. IECOL seeks to fulfill that need.
After thoughtful debate it was concluded that rather than building an exclusive campus in a more isolated location, IECOL's rightful place was among neighbors and friends, in the heart of Lafayette. We believe this location allows our organization to best serve the interests of our faith, community, and country.
Now IECOL is able to address major issues such as homelessness, hunger and substance abuse, in cooperation with other concerned NPO's.
Therefore, our vision is to create positive realities on the ground, the optimal goal of which is to build a safe and secure community by fostering events in which learners advance to make a working fit between their spirituality and good citizenry.
In order to fulfill its mission, IECOL has identified its priorities as an organization, and accomplished this:
1. Legal Entity
IECOL is registered with the secretary of state, and is an active 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Any donation paid to IECOL can now be claimed as tax deductible by its donor, if they choose to do so.
2. Constitution and Bylaws
IECOL has an adopted constitution and bylaws to govern itself through its voting members.
3. Advisory Board of Directors
IECOL is in good communication with respected and prominent advisors in the areas of education, faith, inter-faith, recovery, civic, and NPO work.
4. Land Purchase
IECOL has acquired real estate properties, the purpose of which is to build a community center in the near future.
5. Engineering and Architecture
IECOL has contracted the best local engineering and architectural firms in Tippecanoe County in order to design the new community center and seat of IECOL.
6. Community Relations
IECOL has formed friendships with key mentor organizations as well as individuals and donors.
1. Eid Prayer: Eid Prayer will be on Wednesday, June 5th, at the center, starting at 7:00 AM.
2. Ramadan 2019 Our guest speaker and commentator this Ramadan is Sheikh Ahmad Al-Muayyad. Many of our members who attended last year know him and look forward to seeing him again.
3. HAJJ 2019 Hajj groups are filling up their seats. Prices this year range between $7500 and $9000. While IECOL does not sponsor nor endorse any particular Hajj group, we strongly urge the faithful to fulfill this great pillar of Islam.
4. Did You Know ... That the very first telegraph message of "What hath God Wrought" is also the literal translation of Ma Shaa' Allah , a Muslim phrase commonly said to admire something and quash envy. Did you also know that Annie Ellsworth who sent that telegraph at the request of Samuel Morse actually moved to Lafayette the next year?